OFFICIATING FHSAA SOCCER
Expect higher than normal physical demands. As the players’
ages increase and the competitive levels increase, the
physical demands will rise. You will be required to run
several miles to properly position yourself. You are often
expected to do several games in a day.
Expect lectures, demonstration and exercises on
the basic rules at local association meetings.
- Polished, black athletic shoes; cleated or
- Special socks with three white bands
- Black shorts
- A specialized black shirt with white collars and cuffs,
short—sleeves or long—sleeves
- Referee tools: A watch, whistle, pencil, note paper,
coin, red card, yellow card and a set of assistant referee
- Estimated cost: $200 if you have soccer shoes.
Sometimes, veteran referees have "hand—me—downs"
that help new referees get started
There are alternate red and gold jerseys available when
colors clash with the competing teams. There are variations
in patterns and shades, so discuss your purchase with a
veteran referee to ensure you buy an authorized shirt.
Click here for
a listing of Games Fees